Followers

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Update on my Project!!!




After presenting my research project to my Principal, she was so excited because I was going to follow the new intervention model that was going to be implemented in pour school.
After I the second week of school, a new change was made to my plan. Instead of following kindergarten progress I will follow 2nd grade. The principal suggested that change because Kindergarten was going through a lot of changes and the second grade data was going to have more value to the school and my research project.
It has been a month and ½ after I started the project. So far no data to compare has been released because the next evaluation will be done the first week of October, but what I have been able to observe that the teachers have been struggling with the amount of work that has been put on their shoulders. The implementation of the new intervention program requires a lot of work the first year because teachers have to create lessons for students that are not participating in the intervention block. These lessons are called Think Tanks which I think they are amazing because the students that are able to work on their own, they are fully engage and are being held accountable for the completion of each lesson. After the first year, the lessons will be already created so teacher will only be responsible for delivering intervention to students in need.

What I can say that the students are responding very well and the teacher and interventionist are targeting students in high need for 50 minutes/ four days a week. The administrators really think it will cause a tremendous impact in our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment