Followers

Tuesday, August 13, 2013




ACTION RESEARCH
Working Together For a Common Goal!








When I knew I was going to take a research class I was a little discourage because it came to my mind my old college days. To my surprise, I was impressed the way research has completely changed from a passive and boring role to an active an exciting project in which everybody has an important part. I loved that it promotes ownership among the parties involved.

I loved the book: Examining What We Do to Improve Our Schools: 8 Steps From Analysis to Action.  It really helped me visualize the whole picture of what an action research project is .In this book they include setting the foundation, analyzing the data, developing deeper understanding, engaging in self-reflection, exploring programmatic patterns, determining direction, taking action and sustaining improvement (Harris, Edmonson, Combs, 2010). I would definitely recommend this book to the teachers when I go back and present my project.

The role that we play as administrators to promote actions research projects was an eye opener to me. It made me analyze what I have seen in these past years. Principals tend to fall into the daily routines and demands of their jobs, leaving little space to promote this type of inquiry. It makes me think: What should I do to keep this passion for change alive. I know that this is something positive for our schools and future leaders of tomorrow.

A great highlight is the knowledge I have acquired about the importance of reflection. That is something that not only administrators should do but everybody involved in the learning process. Reflection makes us to improve what we do.
I would like to share a quote about reflection that I really enjoy and I think it is so true.

The use of blogs is something that I really loved. I have seen it but never use them and that is something that definitely I am taking back to my classroom this coming school year. It will be a great writing tool and an awesome way to communicate with my students. I think that blogs promotes reflection as well which is so important in our days.


I will end this reflection by saying this is just the beginning of a great start.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I'm interested in following your research involving intervention. I really like your comments on reflection and the quote is perfect.

    ReplyDelete